Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday Surprise

This week was a busy one as I went back to work, but it ended on a very high note thanks to Brianna. Brianna's friend and one of her roommates Kim from Hope, had the chance to get a couple of tickets to the Michigan vs. Toledo game, she thought of Brianna and myself and asked Brianna if she wanted them. Obviously by the picture you can see that Brianna did get the tickets, so on Thursday she told me not to plan on doing anything on Saturday because she had plans for the two of us. So Friday night she informed me that we were going to the Michigan game. The weather was fabulous and the seats were on the side near the end zone that saw most of the action. In keeping with the theme of surprises, the Toledo Rockets provided a surprise of their own as they defeated Michigan 13 to 10 this afternoon. Despite that minor detail, it was great to spend the day with my baby. Thanks Brianna!


In regards to my health, it continues to improve each day, but I was presented with a new set of challenges this week as I went back to work. I didn't realize the changes I would need to make, who ever thought that waking up to an alarm clock each day would get to be so tough, and I need to be better disciplined at going to bed so I get enough sleep instead of waiting until I want to go to bed. I'm learning that I need to get things ready the night before if I plan on getting to my rehab at 7 in the morning like I'm supposed to be. I was able to jog 2 miles on the treadmill at rehab without stopping. When I went outside to run, I was not as successful, but I was able to jog a bit and then walk, I did this for about an hour. Unfortunately I'm afraid the weather isn't going to be so kind to me in the coming weeks and months, so when I get the chance to run outside now I want to take advantage of it, and it feels so good to be able to jog once again.

I did make it the entire week at work, I must admit towards the end of the week I was getting a little tired, but as I learn what I need to do be better disciplined in regards to my sleep habits, things will be better.

That's all for now folks. I hope the surprises in your life are enjoyable and make you happy.

No comments: