Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Working Weekends

This business of working during the week and trying to get things done around the house is taking a toll on me. We had an especially busy weekend. Curt came up with the band (No Greater Sky), they had a show in town so we went and watched them Friday night. Nic and Clark left Saturday morning about 1 or so, while Curt stayed behind and slept in and left late Saturday afternoon to Ithaca. He did come bearing gifts for us. Brittney made a purse for Dawn, and I received some tee shirts for running with some custom designs on them.








We also had the pleasure of Brianna staying with us for the weekend since Hope was closed for the noro-like virus, she went back tonight (Tuesday). Sunday I spent the afternoon sucking up the leaves with the lawnmower and digging up canna bulbs in the rain snow mixture. While my chores getting ready for winter are closer to being done, I look forward to being able to relax on the weekend, after all, isn't that what they are meant for. One more session of cardiac rehab down at Blodgett, and then I have to push myself and get the exercise without them monitoring me.
That's all for now, I mainly just wanted to post the pictures of my new tee shirts.

Good morning. A champion is someone who wins a lot. A champion is someone who realizes that the reality of defeat, humiliation, and pain exists but refuses to be held back by fear. A champion is someone who is resilient, someone who has been knocked down in life, and possibly by life, but gets back up again..... After Fred Astaire's first screen test in 1933, a memo from a MGM testing director said, “Can't act. Slightly bald. Can dance a little.” Its reported that the legendary Fred Astaire kept that memo over the fireplace in his Beverly Hills home. Stay focused... God is on your side!
God is Love
Rev Run

No comments: