Friday, September 5, 2008

Quick Update

After Dr. Willekes looked at my incision, he was not concerned with the infection, he termed it as a superficial infection and felt that a suture was the cause if it. All I'll need to do is drain it as needed and keep is clean. Where it is located, the chance of the infection spreading in minimal since the muscles in the chest provide a barrier that will keep it from going any further. Good thing I'm so buff.

He was happy the way the swelling has gone done and feels things are looking good. One thing he did mention that threw me for a little loop was a comment of his saying he felt I was still anemic, and might still be down a couple of pints of blood which may be why my pulse rate is still elevated. I know they only gave me blood components such as plasma and platelets, but I didn't get any whole blood transfusions, but it makes me wonder how much blood I lost during the surgery.

Another thing of interest was my itemized bill from the hospital. Do you realize they charge just as much for a vicadin tablet as they do for a baby aspirin?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

John, I am so relieved that you are feeling well. Cara and I have prayed for you and your recovery. You're not looking too bad! My first week of being a 2nd grade teacher went amazing. Give my best to Dawn and Buddy. Grace and Peace, Chris Bowen