Thursday, September 4, 2008

Three Weeks After Surgery

We'll it's been three weeks since my surgery, and the day isn't shaping up like I planned. Part of one of my incisions is looking slightly infected, so I called the surgeons office yesterday to report it like I'm suppose to, and they wanted me to come in and have one of Dr. Willekes' associates look at it. No problem I can head there after lunch and have him look at it. Then late afternoon yesterday I got a call from Dr. Willekes' office and they asked if I could come in at 3:30 because Dr. Willekes will be back into the office and he'd like to see me. Dawn is wondering why he wants to see me, I think it is just because I'm his prized patient, I think she just worries too much about me and is looking into it more than she should. But as it turns out, the later appointment is better than the earlier one because Dawn will be home from work and can go with me to the appointment if she wants. Besides, Dawn's car didn't start this morning, so she took the van into work, and I'm waiting for the tow truck to show up. Therefore I wouldn't have a vehicle to go to the earlier appointment, so things are working out after all. But since I don't have a vehicle, that means I can't go out to the garden today, but as luck would have it, it is raining out and I don't need to go out to the garden to water it.

I did have to walk Buddy in the rain this morning, he didn't mind, and with an umbrella I didn't get too wet, just my feet. I was hoping to go out for a brisk walk by myself today to see how I feel pushing it a bit, but I'll have to wait and see if the weather cooperates.

If it weren't for some minor discomfort in my right side chest, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm scheduled to go to a cardiac rehab session next week, that should give me an indicator as to how I'm doing and how much I should push it. Seeing Dr. Willekes this afternoon will be a good thing, just so he can see how I'm doing and perhaps he'll give me some things that I should be doing that I may not be doing.

If I get any news worthy information from Dr. Willekes, I'll make sure that I share that, otherwise that's all for now, I hope all is well with everyone out there in cyberspace.

No comments: