Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend










What a beautiful weekend! Here's a shot of the garden being watered, I didn't dare get a shot too close of the garden because of all the weeds that are growing, hopefully I can get out there and get it cleaned up a bit so I can take some close up pictures of the different plants. Even though I'm starting to get tomatoes and peppers, they came a little late this year, but I was a little late in getting my garden planted. Perhaps God knew I should get it planted late, if I had it planted when I should have, things would have been ripening when I was in the hospital and the Cramer's would have been busier than they already were taking care of my side of the garden.



On Saturday Dawn took me out to Holland to take advantage of the beautiful weather and enjoy at least one more day on the beach before fall arrives. While it was hot out there and the water was somewhat warm, I behaved myself and didn't go into the water further than up to my knees. It felt good to get out of the house, I couldn't help but wonder how many people were staring at my scars and bruising. Hopefully I didn't scare too many little kids, at least I don't look as bad as I did a week earlier.

Here's the main reason we headed out to Holland. Brianna moved in to Hope College while I was in the Meijer Heart Center, so I didn't see her dorm room yet. She was out at the beach on Saturday with her friends, for some reason they made sure they were far enough away from us. After we were at the beach for the afternoon, we went back and saw her room, it wasn't too messy yet, but then again she's only been in there a couple of weeks. We went to Fricano's Too with a couple of her friends for pizza before heading for home.
So I'm getting better each day, the incisions are healing up nicely and I can lift my right arm all the way over my head finally. The right side of my chest still feels a little weird, while it doesn't hurt, it seems to be getting more sensitive than it was before. If I try to jog a few steps while walking Buddy it hurts if I let my chest bounce at all, so hopefully that gets better soon so I can see if I can resume running before winter gets here. People have asked me if I feel better than I did before the surgery, at this point I can't say I do. The test will be how I feel if I can start jogging again, or if I go for a walk with Dawn and let her walk at her pace and see if I get tired.
That's all for now, I look forward to seeing you all in the near future.

No comments: