Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Finally Home

I finally made it home about 1:30 this afternoon. Once home I walked to the mailbox to get the mail, helped Dawn bring a few things in and then called my girls to let them know I was home. Buddy I think was a little mad at me for being gone so long, he wanted to go out so I got down on my knees and put his rope on and let him go out into the backyard. Our neighbor Jill saw me and waved so I went and talked to her for a little bit. After letting Buddy in, I laid down on the couch for a while, but another neighbor has Stanley Steamer over cleaning the carpets and they were making too much noise so I went and laid in my bed and quickly fell asleep. Lord it is good to be home.
Other than being a little sore from the incisions and being a little tired, I have a hard time believing that I had open heart surgery less than a week ago. Dr. Willekes stopped by to see me before we left, Dawn was wondering and asked him if he determined what caused it, he called Barlow's syndrome. I looked it up and it didn't answer much for me.
I guess it is time for Buddy's walk, so I am going to join them and see how I do.
Lord, it is good to be home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad you are home and doing well.

We love you!

Justin, Sarah, Connor, Tyty, and Owen