Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Home Alone

First off I want to comment on things said regarding yesterday's picture. Those are bruises on my neck, not hickeys. And so what if I was sucking my gut in a little for the photo. On a related note, I do weigh 6 pounds lighter now than I did when I went in for the surgery, and I'm not real sure why.

Dawn went back to work today and left me on my own. I'm glad that they trust me being home by myself, Dawn called once to check on me and Brianna called a couple of times as well. Is today what I can expect to be a normal day for me? Wake up, enjoy a cup of coffee, make the bed, get dressed and take Buddy out for a walk, make me some breakfast (today's menu featured a three egg ham and cheese omelet, a side of Maple and Brown Sugar Cream of Wheat and a glass of orange juice), shave and shower. I haven't figured out what to do with the rest of my day yet, though I did finish reading "Saving Private Ryan" this morning. Dawn says I can't drive or ride my bike yet, once I get those liberties granted to me, I'm sure I'll head to the garden for some physical therapy and relaxation. She did promise that she'll take me to the garden this afternoon once she gets home from work. Not much else to report on, I still can't lift my right arm very high, and it hurts when I do. There are things I'd like to try to do, but I think I'd better wait until I'm healed a bit more and my strength is close to where it use to be.

Make it a good day, and I'll talk to you all later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would not even trust you home along even if you did not have surgery!

Hey John, it is good to read that you are doing so well. It is great that you are able to get to the garden and enjoy this great summer that we are having. Keep up the healing and hope to see you soon.