Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Green, Green Grass of Home

I just met with the nurse from the surgeon's office, and she gave me the best news I've had in over a year. They are going to let me go home this afternoon!!!!!!! Despite the amount of drainage, they feel I'm healthy and young enough where my body should handle it okay. I can't wait to get home, plot how I can disappear from Dawn long enough to possibly get up to the garden just to see life once again.
While the entire staff has been great here at the Meijer Heart Clinic, and I'll miss them some, I'd be happy if I never have to see them here on the seventh floor again.
I'll send more at home, but I want the nurse know that they can have somebody come and rip this tube out of my chest, and I want to start packing up my belongings so as soon as possible I can smell the outside air once again!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great news John! Be sure to take it easy when you get home. If you see Chuck before you leave the hospital tell him I said Hi. He may not remember me (it's been 5 years) but you never know.

Kathy said...

Are you home yet?