Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Will Wednesday be the day I get to go Home?

I'm convinced that they are trying to mentally break me. During the wee hours of the morning, I got up to well wee, the clock said it was 5:00. I decided that it was not time to get up yet so I laid back down. After a while, someone walked in, since I heard them I laid still and was thinking about jumping up and scaring them when they got closer, but they didn't come closer. What are they doing? Standing there watching me breathe? Finally she said Mr. Wilson, I'm hear to draw some blood. Well, she is armed with a needle, so scaring her is out of the question so I opened my eyes. The clock showed 5:15. Wait a second, I know I slept longer than 15 minutes this last time. What are they doing to me? After she took some blood from me (it is taking them longer to find a vein to use, I've got to be close to being tapped out) another gal stopped by to weigh me, so I said sure and walked out to the hall with my briefcase of chest drainage, I don't think she expected me to go out there and when she turned around and saw me if gave her a little start. At least I scared someone today.
I'm weighing about a pound more than I was when I came in almost a week ago, but about 17 pounds less than when I came up from surgery. I walked over a mile yesterday in the halls of the seventh floor. So I'm feeling pretty good that I should go home today. When Paula came in to check on me I asked her how my chest drainage was, she said she got over a 100 units from me last night, so it wouldn't surprise her if they decided to keep me another night. Not what I want to hear, but it's not her call. She put a new iv catheter in this morning, she said that if she puts in a new one, that it will be good luck for me to be released. Since she put it that way, I let her try to find a place to put it. After she found a place on the hairy side of my left arm to put it, she taped it down good so I can remember her when I go to remove it later.
I decided to shave and pull a chunk of tape off from the side of my neck, it's been bugging me for a while. After that, I took my drainage briefcase and went to the lounge area to get a cup of coffee, they looked at me a little funny as I passed the nurses station, but they didn't say anything. So as I sit here to kill time and wait for breakfast (usually doesn't get here until 9), I hope and pray that today is the day they'll let me go home!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

go into jerk mode---they'll find a way to send you home :). Right now you have them charmed and they like having you there.